Table of Contents
Summer is one of my favorite seasons because of the abundance of fresh fruit such as blueberries and strawberries (don’t forget cherries, too!). My Grilled Chicken Salad with Summer Berries takes advantage of all the fresh berries that the warmer weather has to offer!
This is a great lunch salad (or perfect for dinner if you’re not in the mood for a heavy meal).
It’s low carb, high in protein and full of fiber from the spinach and berries.
The homemade ranch dressing is a great addition as it’s not only easy to make, but better for you, too!
Make sure you put this grilled chicken salad onto you list of Summer BBQ Recipe Ideas so you have a summer full of yummy food to feast on!
Grilled Chicken Salad Ingredients
There’s nothing better than a simple salad with BIG flavor! The ingredients are basic, but the flavor of the combination is out of this world.
Here’s what you need to make this salad come to life:
- Grilled chicken
- Spinach (or your favorite lettuce greens)
- Feta or Goat Cheese
- Homemade Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
Seasonal Summer Fruit for Salads
If you’re not a fan of blueberries or strawberries, or you want to add extra fruit to your grilled chicken salad, here are a few ideas:
- Red grapes
Healthy Fats To Add To Your Summer Salad
If you want to add even more yummy flavors into your Grilled Chicken Salad With Summer Berries, consider adding in the following healthy fats to beef up the nutritional profile:
- Walnuts (or your favorite nut)
- A sprinkle of hulled hemp seed
Low Carb Dressings for Summer Salads
If you’re not a fan of Ranch Dressing, or you’d prefer a different flavor, here are a few other low carb dressings to use with this Grilled Chicken Salad with Summer Berries:
Grilled Chicken Salad for the 17 Day Diet
If you’re eating low carb on the 17 Day Diet, you can definitely feast on this yummy Grilled Chicken Salad with Summer Berries on all cycles!
This is a perfect salad for lunch as it does contain fruit, which should be eaten before 2pm if you’re sticking by the book.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed when, make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List for all the info!
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I have this Grilled Chicken Salad on the Kickstart Diet?
Yes, you can definitely have this Grilled Chicken Salad with Summer Berries while on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet. You can have this dish starting on the 10-Day Stabilize Phase when certain dairy is allowed.
The dairy in question is from the homemade ranch dressing.
However, if you want this salad starting on day 1, skip the ranch dressing and opt for a light vinaigrette instead!
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed during each phase, make sure you take a look at my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Is this Grilled Chicken Salad Keto Friendly?
If you’re on the Keto Diet, this salad can be eaten as is. Berries, while they do have sugar in them, are high in fiber, so they make for the perfect lower-sugar fruits to enjoy on the Keto Diet.
When you make the homemade ranch dressing, make sure you use full fat ingredients.
Low Carb Summer Salad Recipes
If you enjoy this tasty Grilled Chicken Salad and you’d like more ideas for Summer, make sure you check out these other amazing low carb salad recipes:
If you enjoy this Grilled Chicken Salad with Summer Berries make sure you come back to review the recipe card below. If you’re on social, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your pretty salad.
- 1/2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, grilled and sliced
- Spinach (or your favorite greens), enough for 1 salad
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Strawberries (halved and kept whole)
- Feta Cheese or Goat Cheese Crumbles
Optional Healthy Fats:
- Hemp Seeds
For the Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill (or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill)
- 3/4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 3/4 teaspoons chopped fresh chives (or 1/4 teaspoon dried chives)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3/4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Add spinach or your favorite salad greens onto a plate or large bowl.
- Place sliced grilled chicken breast over the top of the greens and strategically place blueberries and strawberries over the top.
- Sprinkle feta or goat cheese (or your favorite cheese) over the top.
- Serve with homemade ranch dressing or your favorite vinaigrette dressing.
For the Homemade Ranch Dressing:
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and sour cream and stir until smooth.
- Add the chopped dill, parsley, and chives, along with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and stir again until everything is well mixed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If the dressing is too thick, you can thin it out with a little bit of water.
17 Day Diet – all cycles (add healthy fats during cycle 3)
17 Day Kickstart Diet – 10-Day Stabilize Phase (or use vinaigrette for earlier phases)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)