Dark chocolate bark with salted almonds, sweet, crystallized ginger, and crunchy coconut is a trifecta to be reckoned with. Share this gluten-free and vegan treat with friends and family for holidays throughout the year.
I was on the phone with my grandmother last night, and we were chatting about how we both felt a bit sad putting away our cheerful holiday decor. I have yet to archive the string of annual holiday cards that are hanging in my window, and I still have a couple of wintery decorations up; the magical season always whizzes by before I can truly enjoy it all. Since I didn’t see any of my family during the holidays, I have a pile of wrapped presents in my living room to give to them this weekend. We will be in a cabin in the (snowy) woods for a belated holiday get-together.
I made chocolate bark to gift to friends and coworkers in early December, but didn’t save any to share with my family. Chocolate bark is one of the simplest things to make, so I whipped up anther variety today – using Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds – to bring to the cabin in a cute Christmas-y tin.
The combination of the salted almonds with the sweet, crystallized ginger and crunchy coconut is a trifecta to be reckoned with. I used Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips (a staple in my freezer), but feel free to go darker if you prefer.
While – according to the calendar – the 2015 holiday season is behind us, this gluten-free and vegan treat can be made and shared with friends and family to prolong the holidays throughout the year. Mom, I hope I don’t eat the entire tin before I see y’all on Saturday…
Pssstt…you might also enjoy this festive holiday dark chocolate bark with cranberries and pistachios.
- 2 cups dark chocolate – I use 60% cocoa chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat, or melt in the microwave by heating in 30 second increments (for approximately 2 minutes).
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread into an even layer with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with almonds, coconut and ginger.
- Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes, or until completely set.
- Peel of parchment and break into pieces – enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Thank you for your support on sponsored posts that help support Nutrition Nut on the Run.
Originally published January 3, 2016.