Colon Hydrotherapy, also known as Colonics, is a gentle therapy utilized to cleanse the large colon. Warm purified water is used to hydrate the system and loosen impacted fecal matter. This process allows toxins and waste to safely leave the body, improving our system’s natural cleansing processes.
Colon hydrotherapy is an incredibly effective and safe therapy that has many proven benefits ranging from improved digestion and increased energy to detoxification and weight loss. NIHA’s I-ACT certified colon hydrotherapists Myrt Burge and Arthur Totten share 7 benefits of this integrative therapy.
7 Benefits of Colon Hydrotherapy:
1. Detoxification: Colonics can aid in detoxification by eliminating toxins and waste that have accumulate in the colon over time. This is thought to improve overall health.
2. Improved Digestive Health: Colonics removes accumulated waste, toxins, and built-up fecal matter from the colon, promoting better digestion and regular bowel movements.
3. Alleviation of Constipation: The flushing effect of colonics can help relieve constipation by softening and loosening hardened stool, making it easier to pass.
4. Enhanced Nutrient Absorption: A cleaner colon can improve the absorption of essential nutrients and minerals from the food we consume, allowing the body to obtain maximum nutritional benefits.
5. Relief from Bloating and Gas: By removing excess gas and waste, colonics can alleviate bloating and gas, leading to improved comfort and a flatter abdomen.
6. Potential Weight Loss: Eliminating fecal matter and reducing water retention can contribute to temporary weight loss due to a reduction in water retention. Having an unburdened “cleansed” system can contribute to long term weight management.
7. Increased Energy Levels: Colonics can boost energy levels by eliminating toxins and waste that could potentially impair overall bodily functions.
Colon Hydrotherapy, when paired with maintaining a healthy diet, consuming adequate water, and leading an active lifestyle, can have a profound impact on promoting the health of our colon and thus overall health and wellness. Schedule your visit with one of our certified colon hydrotherapists to learn more.
I-ACT certified colon hydrotherapists Myrt Burge & Arthur Totten collaborated to provide this article.